In 2014 the class voted to adopt the Morrison designed National 18.
Following this approval the RYA requested that the class take the opportunity to refresh and generally update the rules.
In the review and in consultation with class members further updates and clarifications are proposed.
The key updates include:-
- Proposed Change : 2015 Rule Draft Reference
- Previously approved changes to allow the Morrison 18 inc standardised foils : Multiple Areas
- Formatting, sectioning and template alignment per RYA standards : Whole Document
- Create clarity on existing rules removing opportunity for interpretation. : Multiple Areas
- Update and create clarity on the definition of Classics and the controls in place when building new timber boats: Multiple areas
- Standardised sheeting format for Morrison main & jib. : C.7.2(a)(4)&(5)
- Requirement for mast spar to be constructed by the class approved manufacturer: F.2.5(a)
- Guideline for the categories of National 18. (Morrison, Proctor A, Proctor B, Classic) : H.4